The DREZ Operation argues that while the DREZ (dorsal root entry zone) operation may not be the final answer to the treatment of deafferentation pain, it is an improvement over previous treatments. The proper application of temperature-controlled radiofrequency lesions, the favored choice in the DREZ operation, and other important points and studies are described in this text.
The DREZ Operation includes:
- The neurobiology of the spinal cord dorsal horn and pathophysiology of neuropathic pain
- Intraoperative evoked potential recordings and impedance measurements
- Clinical aspects of the DREZ operation
- The surgical technique of the DREZ operation
- Pain syndromes treated by the DREZ operation
(Distributed by Thieme for the American Association of Neurological Surgeons)