An up-to-date textbook on the clinical essentials in women's healthcare
Written by an international team of practitioners, this book offers an overview of the most important and common clinical issues in obstetrics and gynecology, including reproductive endocrinology, gynecologic oncology, and sexuality. It provides readers with current information on evidence-based approaches to the management of normal pregnancy, labor and birth, as well as the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of high-risk pregnancy, infertility, and acute and chronic diseases in women of all ages. For each condition the authors give a clear definition, discuss its epidemiology, etiology and pathophysiology, and present the most recent protocols for its detection, screening, and clinical management.
- Clearly and consistently organized chapters for optimal comprehension of the material
- A section dedicated to the legal and ethical issues related to reproductive health
- More than 200 illustrations, many in full color, demonstrating critical data and concepts
- A summary of key points at the end of most chapters and "Best Evidence" boxes that focus on significant clinical trials
- Self-test questions and answers on an accompanying website
A comprehensive introduction to the field, Obstetrics and Gynecology: The Essentials of Clinical Care is an excellent textbook and reference for medical students on clinical rotation in obstetrics/gynecology, and for residents in the specialty. Nurses, midwives, and physician assistants will also benefit from its wealth of information.