Reflecting the most recent advances in the field, this up-to-date Fourth Edition is a succinct yet comprehensive source of information on basic pharmacologic structures and key pharmacotherapeutic connections. Each two-page spread contains concise text on the left complemented by detailed, full-color illustrations on the right to help users quickly digest important facts and concepts.
Four color-coded sections provide readers with a solid framework with which to approach the latest developments in pharmacology:
- Part 1: General Pharmacology explains substance formulation, absorption, distribution, elimination, and molecular mechanisms of action.
- Part 2: Systems Pharmacology places special emphasis on the functional and therapeutic aspects of a wide range of medicinal agents.
- Part 3: Therapy of Selected Diseases presents expanded coverage of migraines, sleep disorders, and obesity.
- Part 4: Drug Index contains the most current data on over 700 drugs listed by their generic and brand names.
- A user-friendly format ideal for studying, self-assessment, and quick reference
- New information on drug transporters, septic shock, substance P and amino acids, and more
- 170 updated, full-color plates enhance the text
- New in this edition -- a complete glossary of general pharmacology terms
Additional feature: A scratch-off code provides access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, an interactive online study aid, featuring multiple choice pharmacology questions.
The Fourth Edition of Pocket Atlas of Pharmacology is an essential study guide and reference for every busy student, nurse, and practicing physician who needs to keep on the cutting-edge.