Internationally renowned authorities in the field of hybrid imaging contribute firsthand expertise on the practical application of single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and SPECT/CT. By combining clear anatomic markers from CT with functional knowledge from SPECT, SPECT/CT provides added value for patient evaluation and is becoming increasingly prevalent in routine clinical practice. Indeed, hybrid imaging is touted by many as a game changer in nuclear medicine.
The first two chapters of this book provide a foundation for understanding SPECT and SPECT/CT technological principles, including the associated radiopharmaceuticals. The remaining chapters detail the utility of SPECT and SPECT/CT in clinical practice including neuroscience and pediatrics, as well as specific pathologies. The book concludes with in-depth discussion of select case studies.
- Efficacious use of SPECT and SPECT/CT for primary body systems, including the central nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, and skeletal systems
- Value for the assessment of neoplastic disease, infection/inflammation, thyroid and parathyroid gland disorders
- Fourteen high-quality videos delineate specific techniques and clinical applications
- Meticulous, four-color graphics clearly elucidate key concepts
- Illustrative case studies offer educational teaching pearls
Together, the concise, evidence-based text and wealth of SPECT/CT images deliver a solid knowledge base, enabling practitioners to learn the effective use of this technology. This must-have book is certain to be an invaluable resource for a diverse spectrum of practicing and trainee clinicians in fields such as radiology, nuclear medicine, and radiation oncology.