Thieme Quick Facts:
• Offices in New York, Stuttgart, Delhi, and Rio de Janeiro
• More than 800 English-language books in print with over 70 new publications each year
• Thieme books are easily recognizable by their distinctive blue and silver covers
• High impact medical journals, including the successful Seminar Series with its single-topic format - see complete list of journals here
• Thieme has won numerous awards from the Association of American Publishers, the British Medical Book Association, and the Independent Book Publishers Association. See a full list of our awards.
Thieme is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. Thieme promotes the latest advancements in clinical practice, publishes the latest research findings, advocates medical education and is known for the high quality and didactic nature of its books, journals, and electronic products.
With more than 900 employees worldwide, Thieme maintains offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio de Janeiro, Stuttgart and three other locations in Germany.
In addition to publishing 70 new book titles every year, Thieme publishes more than 140 medical and scientific journals both in traditional print and electronic format, a number of which are printed on behalf of professional societies, as well as dozens of online products.
Thieme offers a wide range of health-science books focusing on neurosurgery, otolaryngology, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmology, radiology, complementary and alternative medicine, audiology and speech and language pathology.
The Thieme Medical Publishing Group is one of the few publishing firms that remains a family owned and run business. With the same dedication that Georg Thieme had over a century ago, Thieme still stands apart from its competitors by emphasizing high standards of quality in content and presentation in all of its products.
Thieme Publishers Historical Timeline
Thieme Publishers Awards and Recognition