The System Administrator/IT Support Professional position is located in the office of Thieme Publishers New York, which has 65 fulltime and part-time staff. Its primary markets are medical students and physicians for which it produces and distributes books, journals, and a growing list of electronic products. Other units of Thieme Publishers are located in Stuttgart, Germany (founded 1886), Delhi (founded 2008), and Rio (founded 2013).
The position reports to the New York Senior Vice President and to the IT Service Manager in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Managing the NY helpdesk and provide first level client support to local and remote users
- Work with our German IT colleagues to maintain operation of corporate network and data center and assist in smooth functioning
- Work with our German IT colleagues to actively maintain the network security system
- Work with our German IT colleagues and assist in managing relationships with IT vendor accounts, including purchasing of software and hardware.
- Assist our German IT colleagues in tracking and replacing hardware
- Assist our German IT colleagues in tracking software licenses and rollout updates
- Manage VoIP and mobile telecommunications systems
- Provide project support for all projects that have an impact on local IT
- Will assistant in our new ERP system implementation and support
- Excellent problem solving skills emphasizing documenting discovered solutions for recurring issues
- Will needed to be available in emergency situations
- Provide hands and eyes support for remote IT colleagues
- Perform client installations and user migrations
- Manage user boarding and de-boarding from IT perspective
He/she will be part of the Global IT team and will work mainly with IT colleagues based in Stuttgart to provide system support for network maintenance, issue resolution, infrastructure maintenance, internet connectivity and end-user support.
- Minimum five-years experience.
- Working knowledge of the following systems and technologies is beneficial:
- Windows Server and Client operating systems
- MS Office
- Windows File Services
- Apple operating systems
- Exchange 2010
- Active Directory
- MS SQL Server
- Microsoft SCCM 2012
- SAN (EqualLogic)
- Cisco IOS
- Back-up & Recovery (ComVault Simpana)
- Remote Access (Cisco AnyConnect)
- Server and Client virtualization (based on VMware/Citrix)
Experience in developing close working relationships with corporate IT teams preferred.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to:
SVP & COO
Thieme Publishers, Inc
333 Seventh Avenue, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10001