New York/Stuttgart – Despite the many advances in diagnostic technologies and imaging modalities in recent years, otoscopy remains the first diagnostic option in the diagnosis of otologic disease.
This is an easy-to-consult book for residents and specialists, featuring brilliant diagnostic images from the newest generation of endoscopic otoscopes. Written by a renowned team of experts with 30 years of experience, this book helps readers obtain proficiency in otoscopy and in the interpretation of findings. Readers will learn what clinical consequences the diagnoses may have through case examples and treatment suggestions.
- Richly illustrated with over 1000 mostly full-colour photographs and many radiological studies
- Shows a vast range of common and rare pathologies that can be visualized and assessed via endo-otoscopy
- Juxtaposes, when appropriate, the clinical picture, radiological diagnosis, and intraoperative findings with the endo-otoscopic findings of the patient
- In each chapter, a surgical summary lists various approaches that may be used to optimally plan treatment of the patient
- A special final chapter covers the assessment of postsurgical findings as seen in otoscopy, to distinguish between normal healing and changes that may require further intervention
Color Atlas of Endo-Otoscopy, produced with the support of the Mario Sanna Foundation, is certain to become a valuable tool for all physicians involved in the care of patients with ear ailments.
Sanna et al.
Color Atlas of Endo-Otoscopy Examination-Diagnosis-Treatment
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
348 pp, 1,007 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group