New York/Stuttgart – Ear, nose, and throat diseases present and progress very differently in children than in adults, needing different diagnostic and treatment strategies. Training in the subspecialty of pediatric otolaryngology is often part of a general ENT program and not a program in itself. As such, the general otolaryngologist may be insufficiently prepared to handle certain pediatric cases.
R. W. Clarke's Pediatric Otolaryngology: Practical Clinical Management aims to provide the pediatric ENT resident or fellow, as well as the general ENT practitioner, with sound clinical guidance on ENT pathologies as they affect the pediatric population.
- Fully describes the characteristics of ENT diseases in children, as opposed to only describing how the disorders differ from their presentations in adults
- International cast of expert contributors
- Practice based, for the clinician
- Comprehensive accounts of hearing loss in children, often poorly covered in standard texts
- Text boxes orient the reader to "danger signs," "top tips" in surgery, advice regarding potential complications, situations that need urgent referral, and medicolegal pitfalls
Pediatric Otolaryngology is an essential reference of this important subspecialty for ENT doctors in practice, as well as in preparation for board examinations.
R. W. Clarke
Pediatric Otolaryngology Practical Clinical Management
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
416 pp, 454 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group