Now in a more user-friendly format, with a four-color design, this new edition includes the latest scientific and clinical knowledge to give audiology students a solid understanding of core audiologic concepts. Every essential topic in audiology, from acoustics and anatomy to auditory disorders and hearing loss, is covered in this book.
Key Features of the Fourth Edition:
- Covers new technology for electrophysiological assessment as well as bone-anchored hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Expanded discussion of management techniques, now in two separate chapters
- More than 300 exquisite full-color illustrations
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter for study and review of essential topics
- Extensive bibliography with references to current literature
Essentials of Audiology, Fourth Edition, is an indispensable reference for undergraduate and first year graduate students in audiology as well as a valuable resource for speech and language pathology students. With thorough coverage of the essentials of clinical practice, this new edition is also a good refresher for audiologists and speech-language pathologists who are starting out in their practice.