The book lists and describes 43 biological and chemical weapons in detail.
Would you recognize the signs of a biological or chemical weapon attack?
Would you know how to diagnose and treat your patients?
Would you know how to protect your staff and yourself in doing so?
For answers to questions like these in a matter of minutes, turn to this book: the first specifically designed to lead you through identification of the most likely biological or chemical weapons used in a bioterrorist attack.
Through an easily accessible cross-referencing chart, you will be able to look up suspicious symptoms presented by unexpected clusters of patients, and then quickly find detailed descriptions of the most likely causes. The book lists and describes 43 biological and chemical weapons in detail, including clinical and laboratory identification, treatment, and personal precautions.Biological and Chemical Terrorism is:
- Comprehensive - the single most complete description of biological and chemical weapons available
- Easy-to-use - valuable tear-out charts of biological and chemical weapons, lists of internet sites, and CDC telephone numbers are designed to be posted and referred to at-a-glance
- Quick and concise for use at any stage of an attack - whether in preparation beforehand or taken off the shelf during an actual emergency
- The first published text to include chemical warfare identification and treatment
- Written by two experts with unparalleled and broad-ranging knowledge of these weapons
Whether you are a primary care physician, nurse practitioner, ER physician, or any other firstline healthcare provider, you will benefit from this practical and authoritative guide. It is the only book available today to give you the complete information necessary to handle a bioterrorist emergency with speed, accuracy, and confidence.