This diverse group of surgeons and scientists provide the perfect interdisciplinary perspective for management of the complex orbital disease...This is a comprehensive yet succinct text. It would serve as an excellent quick reference for clinicians as well and a targeted study guide for students. -- Neuro-Ophthalmology
This is an outstanding volume with excellent, extensive coverage, through words and hundreds of images, of the anatomy and physiology of the orbital region of the head, including diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of diseases in this region. -- BIZ INDIA
The successful evaluation and treatment of the orbital region-subject to a wide range of diseases affecting multiple organ systems-entails the knowledge and expertise of a multidisciplinary team of specialists. Interdisciplinary Management of Orbital Diseases: Textbook and Atlas brings this team together to offer comprehensive and authoritative discussion of all diseases of the orbital region, with descriptions of topographic and surgical anatomy, pathology, diagnostic steps, imaging, conservative treatment measures, operative approaches, radiotherapy, and orbital reconstruction. Readers will find key information for diagnosing conditions early and achieving maximum therapeutic and aesthetic results.
- Valuable guidance from leading specialists in otorhinolaryngology, craniomaxillofacial surgery, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, endocrinology, and other relevant fields
- Coverage of the spectrum of orbital pathologies and diseases, including congenital malformations and posttraumatic deformities, orbital and skull base tumors and inflammation, sinus complications, thyroid eye disease, and more
- Useful details on patient examination, surgical techniques and pitfalls, and postoperative management aid in daily practice
- More than 650 full-color photographs and illustrations that allow for rapid learning and application of concepts
- Videos accessed through Thieme MediaCenter that enhance understanding of surgical procedures
Interdisciplinary Management of Orbital Diseases: Textbook and Atlas is an important addition to the armamentarium of otolaryngologists, craniomaxillofacial surgeons, ophthalmologists, and neurosurgeons. Clinicians at all levels, and residents and fellows, will gain the interdisciplinary perspective crucial for handling the complexities of the orbital region.