Highly Commended by the BMA Medical Book Awards for Basic & Clinical Sciences!
Microbiology in Your Pocket: Quick Pathogen Review by Melphine Harriott is a concise guide to common and rare bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites that begins with pathogens that infect the nervous system and ends with pathogens infecting multiple organs. The presentation of material by organ system facilitates easy organization and provides versatility of use.
Each card presents similar information with variations due to inherent pathogen differences. On the front is an introduction to each pathogen with clinical vignettes and images. The back provides the taxonomy or morphology, infections, pathogenesis, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, treatment options, and an explanation.
- More than 230 graphics including full-color clinical images, pathogen photomicrographs, cell stains, biochemical tests, and diagrams
- Six color-coded pathogen types further facilitate quick acquisition of knowledge
- Online content via Winking Skull.com provides navigation by organ system or pathogen type
- Promotes long-term retention of complex material
- Animations further enhance learning
This is an essential guide for medical students preparing for the USMLE®. It is also an ideal choice for graduate-level students in health science and dentistry looking for a user-friendly microbiology review.