Neurological Sports Medicine: A Guide for Physicians and Athletic Trainers provides readers with the latest, state-of-the-art processes in assessing concussion and other sports related injuries. Edited by respected neurosurgeons Drs. Bailes and Day, Neurological Sports Medicine is written by the leading physicians and trainers in the field of sports injury.
Neurological Sports Medicine is not only written for physicians who need to treat patients with sports related injuries, but also contains a vast amount of valuable information for trainers involved with amateur and professional athletes.
Divided into 3 sections, Neurological Sports Medicine includes:
- The Management of head injuries
- Classification and clinical management of concussion
- Cervical and lumbar spine injuries in athletes
- Minimally invasive treatment options
- The trainer's role in neurological injury assessment
- Neurophysiological assessment of both the amateur and professional athlete
- Injuries related to specific sports
- Research and trends in sports medicine
- An encyclopedic reference to head, spine, and peripheral nerve injuries
(Distributed by Thieme for the American Association of Neurological Surgeons)