The volume is highly captivating and readable... An excellent book that deserves to be read by anyone interested in the treatment of this type of pathology. Child's Nervous System
Small enough to read from cover to cover but with enough information to serve as a comprehensive reference on all aspects of traumatic brain injury, this book is unique in the field. You will find full sections on topics ranging from pathophysiology, initial evaluation and acute care, to rehabilitation, prognosis and chronic issues related to specific types of brain injury.
Traumatic Brain Injury begins with an introductory chapter on history and epidemiology, and goes on to closely examine severe, mild and moderate, and penetrating brain injuries, with treatment recommendations throughout.
- Easy organization in five self-contained sections allows clinicians to quickly locate the condition they're treating
- Extensive use of tables and illustrations provides rapid access to information
- Practical, current treatment recommendationsincluding assessment, pharmacologic interventions nd outcomeadd to the book's usefulness
- Full coverage of surgical decision-making, secondary braininjury, and sports-related head injuries round out the book's scope
- Contains tips and guidelines for prehospital and emergency room management
- Comprehensive review of pediatric as well as adult traumatic brain injury
Focusing on the more commonly seen conditions to increase the book's practicality, written by clinicians who work with these patients on a daily basis, and with all treatment recommendations consistent with the Guidelines for Management of Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries endorsed by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, this book is an indispensable professional reference. Practicing neurosurgeons, trauma surgeons, emergency room physicians and critical care intensivists will find it invaluable.