The mark of the editor is everywhere, and it is impressive. -- World Neurosurgery
Much of the impact...derives from its illustrations. The drawings and diagrams are superb and contribute substantially to an understanding of the anatomy and surgery that is descried in the text. -- Journal of Hand Surgery
I would recommend this textbook to practitioners within disciplines that involve nerve repair, which include plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, ENT, general surgery, and oral maxillofacial surgery. Neuroradiologists who have a special interest in nerve injury would also find this a fascinating reference text... -- American Journal of Neuroradiology
Representing the treatment and management philosophy of Dr. Susan Mackinnon, Nerve Surgery provides extensive coverage of innovative surgical options as well as guidance on the management of complicated compression neuropathies. In addition to detailed information on tried-and-true as well as cutting-edge surgical techniques, it contains chapters on the basic principles of nerve surgery, such as "Anatomy and Physiology for the Peripheral Nerve Surgeon" and "Evaluation of the Patient with Nerve Injury or Nerve Compression."
- More than 850 compelling full-color figures and photographs demonstrate key concepts
- Videos narrated by Dr. Mackinnon are available online
- Coverage of important conditions that can be treated non-operatively, such as neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome and multilevel compression neuropathy
- Strategies and secondary procedures for failed nerve surgeries
- Dr. Mackinnon provides tips on how she manages complicated pain problems
This book is a core reference for all plastic surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, hand surgeons, residents, and allied health specialists treating patients with nerve injuries.