The benchmark reference on endoscopic surgery of the orbit from international experts!
The use of endoscopic orbital surgery is rapidly expanding in modern day rhinology and oculoplastic practice. In the past two decades, endoscopic techniques have been adapted for lacrimal and orbital surgery. Significant advances have been made in endoscopic endonasal and periocular approaches to the orbital apex and skull base, especially in the last 3 years. There has been no book dedicated to these recent surgical innovations until Endoscopic Surgery of the Orbit: Anatomy, Pathology, and Management by Benjamin Bleier, Suzanne Freitag, and Raymond Sacks filled this void.
This landmark text and its accompanying videos bring together the global experience of thought leaders and pioneers with multidisciplinary backgrounds. The collective expertise shared throughout 20 chapters codifies the current state of endoscopic orbital surgery and sets the stage for future developments. The opening chapters cover anatomy, physiology, and radiologic aspects pertaining to the orbit, paranasal sinuses, and surrounding structures. Subsequent chapters detail evaluation and endoscopic management of a full spectrum of pathologies utilizing orbital and optic nerve decompression, reconstruction, transorbital approaches, and anesthetic techniques.
- State-of-the-art evidence-based medicine including the pros and cons of different treatment approaches
- Management of operative complications such as sinusitis and iatrogenic intraorbital injury, and postoperative challenges
- Pathology-specific topics including congenital and acquired lacrimal obstruction, thyroid-related eye disease, trauma, orbital neoplasms, and skull-base neoplasms with orbital involvement
- 138 original illustrations help elucidate complex anatomy
- High definition, narrated surgical videos delineate specific surgical techniques
This is a must-have resource for otolaryngologists in rhinologic and general practice and ophthalmologists in general and oculoplastic practice. It will also benefit neurosurgeons and plastic & reconstructive surgeons. The comprehensive text, clinical pearls, and accompanying videos facilitate incorporating these techniques into practice, whether one is a surgical trainee or veteran practitioner.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.