Atlas of Neurotology and Lateral Skull Base Surgery covers all aspects of a multidisciplinary approach for treatment in this field. Bringing together the superspecialities of otology, neurotology and neurosurgery, it offers an understanding of the various approaches to deal with lesions in the skull base.
This atlas will help readers understand the intricate anatomy of the lateral skull base region along with the treatment approaches in the combined fields of neurotology and lateral skull base surgery. It has been systematically structured into 19 sections, keeping pedagogical considerations in view, and it covers all topics related to neurotology and lateral skull base surgery. It offers surgical tips and tricks and also highlights potential pitfalls to ensure favorable surgical outcome.
The chapters of the atlas are written by renowned experts, based on their rich experiences. The content has been kept simple and lucid, and can be used as a quick reference guide by experienced, as well as budding surgeons. The management techniques discussed are state-of-the-art, and thereby would widen the knowledge base even of already-equipped surgeons.
- A quick guide for otologists, neurotologists, and neurosurgeons
- Includes over 700 high-quality photographs showing cadaveric dissections and step-by-step representation of live surgical procedures
- Provides case examples for each approach
- Describes the anatomy of lateral skull base in a step-by-step approach, combined with specific approaches designed to excise lesions
- Presents up-to-date pathology management techniques
- Provides Tips and Pearls at the end of each chapter to highlight important points