The quintessential guide to nursing diagnoses from NANDA-I experts in new updated edition
Fully updated and revised by editors T. Heather Herdman, Shigemi Kamitsuru, and Camila Takáo Lopes, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification, 2021-2023, 12th Edition is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by the NANDA International (NANDA-I) Diagnosis Development Committee (DDC). In this new edition of a seminal text, the editors have revised all introductory chapters, providing critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for nurses at the bedside. Researchers will also find new recommendations to improve the terminology.
Additional Key Updates
- 46 new nursing diagnoses and 67 revised diagnoses
- Changes to 17 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Refinement of the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis related/risk factors
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors) to further aid clarity for students and clinicians
- Coding of all terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Web-based resources include reference lists for new and revised diagnoses
- New chapter on revised Level of Evidence Criteria for diagnosis submission
Rigorously updated and revised, the new edition of this acclaimed text is a must-have resource for all nursing students, professional nurses, nurse educators, nurse informaticists, nurse researchers, and nurse administrators.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.