Management strategies and treatment guidelines from the world’s leading experts
This is a well-written, excellently referenced text that will truly be the leading text in its field. It will be an essential text for every skull base surgeon to have on his or her bookshelf to use as a reference and to read before tackling the more uncommon pathologies that exist in this area. -- Neurosurgery
Covering tumors of the nose, sinuses, and nasopharynx for the first time in a single volume, this book is essential for all specialists. It incorporates the newest techniques for evaluation and treatment, including endoscopic approaches to the skull base, and offers a wealth of evidence-based data and analysis. For all members of the multidisciplinary health care teams who manage these complex cases, this book makes a major contribution to the field.
- Written by three international authorities who have published and lectured widely and conducted landmark studies in this area
- Covers the full range of benign and malignant nose and sinus tumors, as well as the specific nasopharyngeal tumors that are more common to certain geographic regions (Far East) and ethnic groups (Chinese origin)
- Content is based on one of the largest single institutional studies ever undertaken, plus an extensive review of the international literature
- Encompasses every aspect of the field, from etiology, clinical features, histology, imaging studies, and diagnosis to natural history, treatment options, outcomes, and management of residual or recurrent disease
- Includes up-to-date contributions from experts on chemoradiation and head and neck imaging
With the goal of centralizing data and long-term follow-up, this comprehensive guide is invaluable for all otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, oncologists, neurosurgeons, and maxillofacial and plastic surgeons who treat patients with challenging sinonasal, skull base, and nasopharyngeal neoplasms.
Thieme eOtolaryngology is the premier online resource for otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. For a free trial, go to: thieme.com/eototrial