A comprehensive guide to the field for clinicians and residents!
With a renowned team of editors and contributors, this book provides a thorough overview of the important clinical facts otolaryngologists need to remain current in the field. The text is ideal for self-testing and review, and the book's clear and concise format is designed for easy learning and fast retention.
The text is broken down by anatomical sections for ease of use, with each section then divided into chapters on anatomy and physiology, relevant clinical tests, congenital and functional disorders, infectious and inflammatory disorders, neoplasms, cysts, and trauma. When necessary, important information not fitting into any specific chapter is included in Special Considerations chapters at the end of each section.
- Pearls - important tips highlighted throughout the book, based on the authors' many years of clinical experience
- Special Considerations - pertinent information set off for additional emphasis
- Pitfalls - points out potentially misleading information and situations that might lead to incorrect diagnoses
- Controversial Points - where there is a difference of opinion, both sides of the issue are presented
- Valuable coverage of important topics, including flap reconstruction, aesthetic surgery, skin lesions, and much more!
Otolaryngology: The Essentials is a valuable reference for practitioners as well as an outstanding self-assessment and review guide for residents. With its companion text, Otolaryngology: A Case Study Approach, the books give you a complete source of reliable clinical information.