Training in Neurorehabilitation
The importance of physical therapy for neurological disease cannot be underestimated. Stroke, for example, is the second leading cause of death worldwide, and its global effect is considerable, based on disability-adjusted life years. With an aging population, the risk of stroke increases exponentially with age, and accordingly, the number of patients increases as well. It follows that specially tailored neurorehabilitation regimens are crucial in helping patients return to the workplace and maintain their independence.
This concise and practical work, created by authors with decades of experience in the practice and teaching of physical therapy, serves that purpose well, with its emphasis on the targeted use of training equipment to match the patients' exact needs.
- Concise, practical, and goal-oriented
- Provides expert guidance in creating individualized training regimens with the goal of training and enhancing endurance, strength, and balance
- An emphasis on types of equipment and instructions for their use, tailored specifically
- the individual needs of patients
- All training exercises are well illustrated for optimal understanding
- Author team with more than 30 years' experience in practice and teaching of physical therapy
Lamprecht's Training in Neurorehabilitation is certain to be an essential reference for all students and practitioners in physical therapy involved in the treatment of patients with neurological disorders.