Over 200 Chapters in six volumes cover the whole gamut of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries. A comprehensive and illustrated work from the land of Sushruta for students, teachers, and practicing surgeons. In this volume, Principles and Advances in Plastic Surgery, a very wide spectrum of topics, right from the history of plastic surgery to current and raging subjects like lasers; composite tissue allotransplantation; simulation; robotics; telemedicine and information technology in plastic surgery; clinical photography; human factors and skills in plastic surgery; doctor-patient relationship; and legal issues have been discussed.
The six volumes seek to incorporate in one work issues relevant to the developing world as well as insights from national and international plastic surgery practices, which highlight newer management techniques along with traditional methods. This makes these volumes a "must have" resource for students and practitioners of plastic surgery across the globe.
- The book is broadly divided into five sections: general, face, hair restoration, body contouring, and breast.
- Explains techniques of "hair restoration surgery". This is a unique topic and is not covered in any of the similar published titles.
- Covers all the aspects of aesthetic plastic surgery including nonsurgical management.
- The chapter on regenerative medicine gives a futuristic literature.
- Section on face covers topics related to ageing, surgical and nonsurgical rejuvenation techniques.