Recent progress in MR imaging techniques has led to a rapid increase in the number of clinical applications that benefit from the non-invasive imaging of cardiovascular structures. These innovative imaging techniques present us with unique abilities for the investigation of anatomical structures as well as the functional performance of the heart, and thoracic vascular structures.
This book and companion CD richly illustrate - with carefully selected pictures and dynamic video of typical clinical cases - the basic principles of cardiovascular MR imaging techniques, while also providing a comprehensive review of the clinical applications of these techniques. The book is conveniently organized into seven main chapters covering congenital heart disease, aortic anomalies, cardiac masses, valvular diseases, pericardial diseases, and cardiomyopathy.
The book is augmented by a Macintosh and Microsoft Windows compatible CD-ROM. This CD-ROM adds a wealth of additional multimedia resources in a convenient, easy to use interactive teaching tool that includes:
- Didactic and pictorial representations of complex cardiovascular abnormalities and morphological and functional findings
- Over 200 cine sequences of dynamic cardiac sequences and 3-dimensional rendered views
- Over 300 annotated images and illustrations
- A total of 50 fully-documented and illustrated clinical cases
- A concise technical and clinical discussion of each category of cardiovascular disease