New York/Stuttgart – This comprehensive volume provides vital support for both novice and experienced practitioners of Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) by integrating the latest theoretical foundations of NDT with real-life practice examples. The book is the culmination of a 5-year project by instructors of the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association to develop an up-to-date guide to the neurorehabilitation approach originally developed by Karl and Berta Bobath.
- Presents the contemporary NDT Theory and Practice Model
- Covers the entire what, why, who, and how of NDT
- Includes thorough discussions of current and evolving research in neurorehabilitation
- Presents a detailed look at how occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists practice NDT within the scope of the individual disciplines
- Illustrates NDT examination, evaluation, and intervention through a series of case reports spanning from infants to adults with posture and movement disorders
- Provides enhanced figures, diagrams, tables, photo galleries, and videos demonstrating therapeutic practice using the NDT practice model through access on Thieme’s MediaCenter
- Provides educators with instructional materials and strategies for entry-level to advanced learners
- Written by more than 30 NDT practitioners (OTs, PTs, SLPs) giving a broad range of perspectives
Used as the core textbook in NDT Certificate courses, Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT): A Guide to Clinical Practice sets the standard in clinical practice for occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists who use, or intend to use, NDT in their work with infants, children, adolescents, and adults with postural and movement disorders.
Bierman et al.
Neuro-Developmental Treatment: A Guide to NDT Clinical Practice
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2016
576 pp, 339 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group