New York/Stuttgart – Digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT), popularly called "3D mammography" is a state-of-the-art breast imaging technology that provides the ability to view inside the breast, layer by layer. Advantages of DBT include elimination of superimposed tissue, improved detection of otherwise hidden lesions, and significantly higher cancer detection rates compared to conventional mammography.
Although it is increasingly being implemented in imaging centers, hands-on clinical learning tools have been lacking – until now. Written by renowned breast imaging specialists, this multimedia textbook is the most definitive DBT reference available. The first section is dedicated to DBT fundamentals, including physics, reconstruction methods, acquisition parameters, and patient dose and data size considerations. The next two sections are case-based clinical practice presentations, organized by DBT screening and diagnostic components.
- The use of 3D breast imaging to detect and differentiate malignancies from normal and benign findings
- 100 case studies include pertinent clinical information, introductory images, and findings labeled on subsequent images with BI-RADS terminology
- Full field digital mammography and/or synthetic 2D mammogram images included in all case studies mirror what is typically encountered in DBT breast-imaging programs
- Clinical pearls on navigating the technology, interpreting images, making diagnoses, and decisions regarding follow-up studies
- Accompanying online videos further elucidate the still images
This remarkable, interactive reference is a must-have for trainee and practicing radiologists and will also benefit mammography technicians. The detailed case studies and videos demonstrate the full utility of DBT as a screening and diagnostic technology in context with mammography, ultrasound, and MRI of the breast.
Clinical Breast Tomosynthesis. A Case-Based Approach
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
300 pp, 700 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group