New York/Stuttgart – With contributions from leading multidisciplinary experts, this book is a comprehensive compendium on state-of-the-art management of intracranial arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and arteriovenous fistulas (AVF). All major treatment approaches are encompassed including microsurgery, endovascular treatment, and radiosurgery.
The text begins with in-depth coverage of cerebrovascular anatomy susceptible to abnormalities, followed by pathogenesis, physiology, hemodynamics, natural history, clinical presentation, and indications for treatment of AVMs and AVFs. Throughout the book, internationally renowned experts provide clinical pearls and insights based on hand-on surgical expertise, case studies, and evidence-based data.
- Diagnosis and treatment of uncommon congenital syndromes including Wyburn-Mason syndrome and Parkes Weber syndrome as well as autosomal dominant genetic disorders such as Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome) and Capillary malformation/arteriovenous malformation (CM-AVM) syndrome.
- More than 300 high quality illustrations plus videos elucidate impacted cerebrovasculature and treatment modalities.
- The utilization of preoperative and postoperative imaging for AVM evaluation and intraoperative imaging for AVMs and AVFs.
- Surgical management of lobar AVMs, brain dural arteriovenous fistulas, cerebellar AVMs, basal ganglia, thalamic, and brainstem AVMs.
- Complications and controversies including hemorrhaging, inoperable malformations, pediatric cases, residual or recurrent AVMs, epilepsy, and seizures.
With step-by-step tutorials and classification systems for brain AVMs and fistulas, this is a must-have guide on cerebrovascular malformations. It will benefit trainee and experienced neurosurgeons alike.
Dumont et al.
Brain Arteriovenous Malformations and Arteriovenous Fistulas
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
296 pp, 152 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group