New York/Stuttgart – Fully updated and revised by editors T. Heather Herdman, PhD, RN, FNI, and Shigemi Kamitsuru, PhD, RN, FNI, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018–2020, Eleventh Edition is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA International (NANDA-I). In this new edition of a seminal text, the authors have written all introductory chapters at an undergraduate nursing level, providing the critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside.
Other changes include:
- 18 new nursing diagnoses and 72 revised diagnoses
- Updates to 11 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Modifications to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, including especially Risk Diagnoses
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors, associated conditions, and at-risk populations) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Web-based resources include chapter and reference lists for new diagnoses
Rigorously updated and revised, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018–2020, Eleventh Edition is a must-have resource for all nursing students, professional nurses, nurse educators, nurse informaticists, and nurse administrators.
NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses – Definitions & Classification, 2018–2020
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
512 pp, 25 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group