New York/Stuttgart – Thieme is pleased to announce the launch of its new MedOne ComSci platform at AAA 2018, taking place at Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn., April 18-21, 2018. The 2018 conference marks the 30th anniversary of the American Academy of Audiology. “The world’s largest gathering of audiologists and hearing healthcare professionals is the ideal venue for unveiling an innovative interactive platform that facilitates acquisition of knowledge in the field of communication science. MedOne ComSci is a versatile, state-of-the-art research, learning, and teaching tool for specialists, students, instructors, and institutions,” said Brian Scanlan, President, Thieme Publishers.
Audiologists and speech-language pathologists play a vital role in facilitating human interaction through communication. MedOne ComSci offers the means to elevate communication science with up-to-date text, cutting-edge content, detailed images, videos, and audio. Users will discover an audiology and speech-language pathology resource blending expert information with stunning visuals. The MedOne App, available for Android or Apple devices, allows users to browse the platform online or download content for offline reading on the go.
A new and exciting feature, Playlists enable users to curate any content on MedOne ComSci by topic, course, or category and combine this with online materials or personal documents. Students can create private study guides for convenient test prepping, instructors can share lessons with their institutions, and anyone can make personal playlists public.
Additional Key MedOne ComSci Features
- Search – MedOne’s contemporary, intuitive search algorithms deliver enhanced search results.
- E-Books – Versatile e-books allow readers to toggle between full-screen, PDF, and in-browser modes. Licenses include unlimited simultaneous use of the regularly updated library. And all e-books are interactive, so readers can make notes, watch videos, download chapters, or click on related links.
- Cases – Each real case walks readers through history, testing, questions, diagnosis, treatment, and reading – providing a learning tool for students and teaching tool for instructors. Online-first cases offer early access to the latest evidence-based findings.
- Media – The databank of images, videos, and audio clips expands access to quality resources. Before a lecture or presentation, users can search for images, download one or more at a time, and create course materials complete with legends and sources. At home or in the classroom, users can compare audiometric testing or listen to verbal drills.
- E-Journals – CEU-eligible Thieme communication science journals and the PubMed database are accessible. Browse hot topics in audiology and speech-language pathology, access references for presentations and papers, and delve into the archives for in-depth reading.
Stop by the Thieme booth (#606) to explore the interactive, one-click power of MedOne ComSci. You can also access MedOne online at: http://medone-comsci.thieme.com
Thieme Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 1,000 staff and maintaining offices in ten cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 160 peer-reviewed journals and more than 350 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. Popular online products include Thieme E-Journals and the Thieme Electronic Book Library, which are accessible via www.thieme-connect.com, Thieme’ s platform for electronic products.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group