New York/Stuttgart – With contributions from top experts in the field, Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery provides clinically-focused texts on the full spectrum of common and rare congenital and acquired pediatric conditions. The one-volume reference encompasses the latest cutting-edge advances, organized in a concise, easy-to-digest format, enabling clinicians to get to the heart of the matter and deftly integrate practical content into everyday practice.
Organized into six major sections, every chapter reflects the expertise of leading authorities who discuss specific topics for which they have achieved prominence. The organizational structure is consistent throughout 43 chapters, covering core essentials for managing the patient: introduction, diagnosis, nonsurgical management, operative treatment, complications, and key points.
- Surgical approaches for craniofacial disorders such as craniosynostosis, craniofacial syndromes, plagiocephaly, and hemifacial microsomia
- The use of cranioplasty to repair skull defects and orthognathic correction for jaw deformities
- Treatment of unilateral and bilateral cleft lip, cleft palate, Robin sequence, secondary cleft deformities, and velopharyngeal insufficiency
- Reconstructive techniques for soft tissue deformities of the head and neck including microtia
- Trunk and lower extremity disorders including genital and breast abnormalities
- Upper extremity disorders such as hypoplastic thumb, syndactyly, polydactyly, as well as hand trauma
- Diseases of the integument including vascular anomalies, burns, melanocytic nevi, and skin lesions
Arin K. Greene
Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2018
440 pp, 455 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group