New York/Stuttgart – Hand fractures account for millions of emergency room visits annually. The extraordinary importance of the hand in so many activities of daily living necessitates inordinate surgical competence in repairing fractures, in order to preserve the vast range of motion and functionality of this highly complex structure.
- General overview chapters covering anatomy, epidemiology, fixation types, role of arthroscopy, and strategies for compound hand injuries (soft tissue, flaps, etc.)
- Contributions from a large number of renowned subspecialists
- Hand fractures in special patient groups: athletes, musicians, patients with a paralytic extremity
- Specific chapters covering the full range of fracture types and locations, including diaphyseal and intra-articular fractures of the phalanges and metacarpals, bony avulsions, fracture dislocations, and carpal bone fractures
- Complications and their treatment: infection, malunion, hardware failures, and more
- Evidence-based treatment suggestions, with the goal of restoring anatomic alignment and functional range of motion
- Hundreds of high-quality radiographs and color photographs
Ideal for all orthopaedic and plastic surgeons in training, and of benefit to experienced surgeons as well, Fractures of the Hand and Carpus is a complete introduction to evidence-based techniques in hand surgery.
Fractures of the Hand and Carpus. FESSH 2018 Instructional Course Book
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2018
290 pp, 629 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group