New York/Stuttgart – The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images, Fourth Edition by Val Runge, Wolfgang Nitz, and Johannes Heverhagen presents a unique and highly practical approach to understanding the physics of magnetic resonance imaging. Each physics topic is described in user-friendly language and accompanied by high-quality graphics and/or images. The visually rich format provides a readily accessible tool for learning, leveraging, and mastering the powerful diagnostic capabilities of MRI.
- More than 700 images, anatomical drawings, clinical tables, charts, and diagrams, including magnetization curves and pulse sequencing, facilitate acquisition of highly technical content.
- Eight systematically organized sections cover core topics: hardware and radiologic safety; basic image physics; basic and advanced image acquisition; flow effects; techniques specific to the brain, heart, liver, breast, and cartilage; management and reduction of artifacts; and improvements in MRI diagnostics and technologies.
- Cutting-edge topics including contrast-enhanced MR angiography, spectroscopy, perfusion, and advanced parallel imaging/data sparsity techniques.
- Discussion of groundbreaking hardware and software innovations, such as MR-PET, 7 T, interventional MR, 4D flow, CAIPIRINHA, radial acquisition, simultaneous multislice, and compressed sensing.
- A handy appendix provides a quick reference of acronyms, which often differ from company to company.
The breadth of coverage, rich visuals, and succinct text make this manual the perfect reference for radiology residents, practicing radiologists, researchers in MR, and technologists.
Val M. Runge et al.
The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2018
336 pp, 706 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group