New York/Stuttgart – The gliding nature and dynamic planes of the face present one of the great challenges in aesthetic surgery, and volume replenishment is a key component of the treatment algorithm. Facial Volumization: An Anatomic Approach by Jerome Lamb and Christopher Surek masterfully bridges the gap between the anatomy lab and injection clinic. It synthesizes a large body of facial anatomy publications into a "one-stop shop" covering a wide array of facial procedures – from the chin and perioral – to the midface and temple.
In addition to vascular injury, lymphatic disruption can play a critical role in suboptimal aesthetic facial volumization outcomes. Chapter 2, The Lymphatic Anatomy of the Lower Eyelid and the Malar Region of the Face discusses new state-of-the art facial lymphatic discoveries.
- Numerous beautiful, full-page color illustrations systematically reveal each layer of the face – from deep to superficial – taking readers on a unique journey through the 3-D architecture of complex facial anatomy.
- The left side of each page features a written synopsis of the vascular, muscular, ligament, and adipose components of specific layers paired with cadaveric dissection photographs.
- More than 20 high-definition live patient injection videos posted in the Thieme online Media Center include detailed injector commentary.
- Augmentation and enhancement techniques, the latest facial fillers and lip injections, and illustrated guidance on preferred volumization approaches.
- Identification of danger zones and technical pearls for injecting safely, avoiding problems, and obtaining the best results.
This invaluable resource will help residents and seasoned plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, otolaryngologists, and aestheticians perform facial injections safely and achieve optimized results.
Facial Volumization: An Anatomic Approach
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
96 pp, 58 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group