New York/Stuttgart – In diagnostic cardiology, the effectiveness and reliability of state-of-the-art echocardiography is unsurpassed but – as with all ultrasound examinations – the results are highly operator dependent. The second edition of Boehmeke's Pocket Atlas of Echocardiography is concise and portable, including all the information necessary to perform and read echocardiograms, and to navigate the bewildering number of imaging planes that transect the heart, with ease and confidence.
- More than 400 illustrations, including sharp, clear echocardiograms, corresponding full-color schematic diagrams, and 3-D images. For this new edition, all images showing cardiac diseases have been post-processed to make them clearer and in more accurate relation to the explanatory drawings
- Detailed descriptions of all the acoustic windows and imaging planes for every echocardiogram
- A practical overview of the typical patient examination, including imaging and patient positioning
- All cardiac diseases are shown: valvular heart disease, coronary heart disease, cardiomyopathies, prosthetic valves, carditis, septal defects, hypertensive heart diseases, intracardiac masses; depicted in B-mode, M-mode, Doppler and color Doppler
- New to the second edition: nearly 80 videos are now accessible on the Thieme MediaCenter showing normal views and many pathologies in video mode
Pocket Atlas of Echocardiography
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
240 pp, 444 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group