New York/Stuttgart – Now in a revised and expanded fourth edition, this exquisitely illustrated atlas by renowned experts, provides you with the cognitive tools to visualize and interpret CT and MR images of the cranium. In exacting detail, the normal structures of the brain, as seen in the three orthogonal planes (axial, sagittal, and coronal), are revealed with unparalleled accuracy, making the volume a highly useful aid in daily practice, for teaching, and to provide an anatomic baseline for research on the brain.
Beyond the clinical utility of the contents, the work is an aesthetic pleasure to behold, making learning and comprehension of complex material as simple and easy as possible.
- Detailed brain anatomy shown in the three orthogonal planes; two-page spreads showing imaging studies keyed to the graphics using numbers that are consistent throughout
- Graphic representation of the major arterial and venous territories, and CNS spaces, supra- and infratentorial
- The most important neurofunctional systems revealed in multiplanar parallel sections, including detail on the potential sites of lesions and corresponding neurologic deficits
New to the fourth edition:
- All X-ray and CT-/MR images replaced with new high-resolution CT and MR images
- High resolution 3-Tesla MR images of the brainstem, 7-Tesla-images, fractional anisotropy (FA) maps as well as quantitative susceptibility maps (QSM)
- New material on temporal bone, brain maturation, neurofunctional systems
- Clinical context updated and expanded
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy is an essential reference guide for neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by many neurologists.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Heinrich Lanfermann et al.
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2019
652 pp, 455 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme’s 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at focus of Thieme’s activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career. Providing top-quality services that are highly relevant to specific audiences, Thieme contributes to better healthcare and healthier lives. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
A Thieme Group company
Ruedigerstrasse 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
Fon: +49 (0)711 8931-646/-293
Fax: +49 (0)711 8931-167