New York/Stuttgart – Now in a revised and expanded fourth edition, this exquisitely illustrated atlas by renowned experts, provides you with the cognitive tools to visualize and interpret CT and MR images of the cranium. In exacting detail, the normal structures of the brain, as seen in the three orthogonal planes (axial, sagittal, and coronal), are revealed with unparalleled accuracy, making the volume a highly useful aid in daily practice, for teaching, and to provide an anatomic baseline for research on the brain.
Beyond the clinical utility of the contents, the work is an aesthetic pleasure to behold, making learning and comprehension of complex material as simple and easy as possible.
- Detailed brain anatomy shown in the three orthogonal planes; two-page spreads showing imaging studies keyed to the graphics using numbers that are consistent throughout
- Graphic representation of the major arterial and venous territories, and CNS spaces, supra- and infratentorial
- The most important neurofunctional systems revealed in multiplanar parallel sections, including detail on the potential sites of lesions and corresponding neurologic deficits
New to the fourth edition:
- All X-ray and CT-/MR images replaced with new high-resolution CT and MR images
- High resolution 3-Tesla MR images of the brainstem, 7-Tesla-images, fractional anisotropy (FA) maps as well as quantitative susceptibility maps (QSM)
- New material on temporal bone, brain maturation, neurofunctional systems
- Clinical context updated and expanded
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy is an essential reference guide for neuroradiologists and neurosurgeons (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by many neurologists.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Heinrich Lanfermann et al.
Cranial Neuroimaging and Clinical Neuroanatomy
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2019
652 pp, 455 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group