New York/Stuttgart – The field of periorbital surgery has expanded exponentially in recent decades. With its rise in popularity, however, comes a rise in complications. Finally, there is a comprehensive guide to repairing the problems encountered in periorbital surgery, compiled by masters in the art of periorbital surgery!
This unique resource for plastic, facial plastic and oculoplastic surgeons offers several key features:
- A thorough discussion on the history and examination for the evaluation of the eyelid
- Stepwise guidance for correcting a range of complications in periorbital surgery, including infection and bleeding, blindness and motility disorders, specific upper and lower eyelid problems including lid retraction, chemosis, and adverse results from fillers and resurfacing
- Several chapters, presenting different approaches, devoted to the challenging problem of lid retraction and its multifactorial etiology
- A case-report format that provides detailed discussions of all possible complications
- Expert techniques from renowned surgeons providing multiple perspectives on the same problems
- More than 300 color photographs and beautifully detailed surgical illustrations
- Multiple video clips showing details of eyelid evaluation and corrective techniques
- Both print and electronic formats for easy access everywhere
To meet the ever-increasing patient demand for these youth-restoring procedures, all surgeons undertaking eyelid surgery and committed to prevent and treat complications of periorbital surgery should have this resource in their collection!
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Problems in Periorbital Surgery: A Repair Manual
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2019
330 pp, 276 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme’s 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at focus of Thieme’s activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career. Providing top-quality services that are highly relevant to specific audiences, Thieme contributes to better healthcare and healthier lives. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
A Thieme Group company
Ruedigerstrasse 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
Fon: +49 (0)711 8931-646/-293
Fax: +49 (0)711 8931-167