New York/Stuttgart – Surgery of the Thoracic Spine: Principles and Techniques by renowned spine surgeons Ali Baaj, Kumar Kakarla, and Han Jo Kim fills a gap in the literature, with content focused solely on pathologies and surgical techniques of the thoracic spine and vertebral column. Starting with a thoughtful discussion on the uniqueness of the thoracic region as it relates to pulmonary function, the richly illustrated textbook covers a full spectrum of topics from biomechanics and anesthetic considerations to neuromonitoring and neuronavigation.
With contributions from a cadre of distinguished experts, the book encompasses pathophysiology, surgical techniques, and reconstructive strategies for common degenerative, congenital, oncologic, and traumatic diseases of the thoracic spine. Dedicated chapters cover treatment options for different types of scoliosis, Scheuermann kyphosis, proximal junctional deformity, and posttraumatic deformity.
- Treatment of common degenerative conditions including stenosis and disc herniations
- Management of less common inflammatory and infectious spinal diseases such as spondylarthropathies, osteomyelitis, discitis, and fungal and tubercular infections
- Oncologic topics including primary, intradural extramedullary, and intramedullary spinal cord tumors and thoracic spine metastases
- Surgical treatment of pediatric and adult deformities including congenital, idiopathic, and degenerative scoliosis
- Classification of thoracic spinal fractures, discussion of complete and incomplete thoracic spinal cord injuries, posterior and ventral treatment of thoracic spine fractures, and osteoporotic compression fractures
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Ali A. Baaj et al.
Surgery of the Thoracic Spine: Principles and Techniques
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2019
318 pp, 147 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme’s 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at focus of Thieme’s activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career. Providing top-quality services that are highly relevant to specific audiences, Thieme contributes to better healthcare and healthier lives. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Georg Thieme Verlag KG
A Thieme Group company
Ruedigerstrasse 14, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
Fon: +49 (0)711 8931-646/-293
Fax: +49 (0)711 8931-167