Thieme Publishers, a leading international publisher of medical and scientific books, journals, and electronic media, seeks a detail-oriented Marketing Assistant to be based in our New York office. With responsibility for writing promotional copy, overseeing print marketing campaigns, and supporting various sales activities in the North American market, the Marketing Assistant will report to the International Marketing Director.
The ideal candidate should be an organized and enthusiastic team player with a broad skill set, but especially capable of creating and editing promotional text. In addition to working with the wider sales and marketing teams, the position will require regular contact with editorial and production staff, customer service, the e-products team, and external trade customers.
Produce and edit promotional copy for Thieme’s various marketing activities, specifically:
- Write and edit copy for catalogues, flyers, advertisements, and websites.
- Support the eMarketing team with proofreading, supplying slogans and providing general feedback.
Oversee print marketing activities, including:
- Preparing new book announcement slides and information sheets.
- Coordinating production and mailing of specialty catalogues with graphic designer.
- Working with conference coordinator to produce print materials for meetings.
Support various sales related activities including:
- Attend 2-3 professional congresses p.a. within the USA to promote Thieme’s products, demonstrate online platforms and sell books.
- Oversee wholesaler coop advertising with key trade partners.
Provide general administrative support, for example:
- Distribution of author marketing questionnaires.
- Invoice processing and basic budget tracking.
- Inventory control related to marketing collateral.
- Data maintenance and reporting using in-house product and business partner databases.
Bachelor’s degree, marketing major a plus.
Marketing copywriting experience.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Able to handle multiple responsibilities, tasks and deadlines.
Comfortable working independently.
Excellent attention to detail.
1-2 years of experience working in publishing.
Previous experience working with product databases (e.g. Klopotek) and CRMs a plus.
All applications should be sent as PDF, and include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to the address below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Dr. Fiona Henderson
International Marketing Director
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.