Dr. Debora Garozzo is an Italian neurosurgeon whose professional practice focuses on peripheral nerve surgery. Her expertise (specifically concerning brachial plexus surgery and management of peripheral nerve tumors in neurofibromatosis) has developed as a result of her constant effort to deepen her knowledge by learning from well-known specialists all over the world. She has also established international academic collaborations with leading centers such as Hua Shan Hospital in Shanghai (China), AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in New Delhi (India) and Clinica Mielina Plexo Braquial in Guadalajara (Mexico).
Dr. Garozzo has organized several international conferences on peripheral nerve surgery. She has gained an international reputation and has lectured in many countries (including Germany, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Sudan, and Pakistan). She has published several reports on peripheral nerve surgery in international journals as well as contributed to textbooks. She has spent time as visiting consultant in Libya and United Arab Emirates. Presently, she is based at the Neurospinal Hospital in Dubai, having recently left Italy. She is a member of SINCH (Italian Society of Neurosurgery), an honorary member of ISPNS (Indian Society of Peripheral Nerve Surgery), and a member of the editorial boards of JBPPNI (Journal of Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injuries), IJPNS (Indian Journal of Peripheral Nerve Surgery), and IJNT (Indian Journal of Neurotrauma).
- Founder and Head of Scientific Secretary of “SEM (Sino-European meetings) on brachial plexus surgery,” 2008 - 2014
- Member of the Committee of the Veneto region (Italy) for promotion of telemedicine in neurosurgery in the “Healthoptimum” project sponsored by the European Community, 2010 - 2012
- President of the Peripheral Nerve Surgery Committee of SINCH (Italian Society of Neurosurgery), 2010 - 2014
- Vice President of the Committee for Peripheral Nerve Surgery of WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgery), 2014 - present
- Co-Director of the Peripheral Nerve and Brachial Plexus Surgery online course sponsored by WFNS and AAN (Argentinian Association of Neurosurgery), 2015
Books by Debora Garozzo
|Manual of Peripheral Nerve Surgery|
|Buy It Now|