Thieme Publishers, a leading international publisher of medical and scientific books, journals, and electronic media, seeks a detail-oriented Customer Service Representative to be based in our New York office. With responsibility to manage customer orders on a daily basis, the Customer Service Representative will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate has a strong business acumen, intermediate Microsoft office skills and the ability to support multiple priorities concurrently. They are one of the key links in communication with our customers for order/inventory questions. The individual works closely with our warehouses to ensure that every order is processed and delivered. The candidate must work well with a team of people who are committed to supporting Thieme Publisher’s values.
- Enter and process incoming orders - EDI, web portal based, e-mail and telephone
- Set up new customers and orders as necessary
- Process Credit Card payments and customer credits as necessary
- Verify orders against billing and invoices
- Provide customer service to Thieme customers and distributors
- Maintain and participate in the continuous improvement of the company's order processes
- Support application software upgrades and enhancements
- Ensure Customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of order to cash processing
- Comfortable retrieving data from web-portals, phone and email
- Basic knowledge of distributor, retail and drop ship sales models
- Excellent math, organization, and time management skills
- Customer service experience with superior phone skills
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong English communication skills (Spanish a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with EDI / Vendor Portals Order to Cash and Customer Relationship Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent experience in areas relating to Customer Service required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) are required
- Book publishing experience
- Familiarity with subscription renewal processes
All applications should be sent as PDF, and include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to the address below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Sarah Vanderbilt, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc.