For an exciting new joint venture between Thieme and a technology partner, and located in New York City, we are seeking a Product Manager/Product Owner who is experienced, yet ready to grow.
You will be at the helm of new product development in the health education market and manage the entire process from idea creation through product launch and maintenance. As product manager / product owner you will be the key liaison between customers, product and content development, and stakeholders in the company. You will lead a team of medical content developers and experts and ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of the products. The ideal candidate will see both the big picture and those details that are critical to success.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and own product vision and roadmap
- Conduct customer research and work with stakeholders to identify pain points and leverage insights to develop content and features that customers need and want
- Work with product developers and content experts to create excellent products and user experiences that ensure users’ success
- Continuously monitor the competitive landscape / market changes / usage data with the goal of improving customer satisfaction and loyalty, and driving both top-line and bottom-line growth
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer of the Joint Venture
Position interacts with: Developers, Marketing, Sales, Editorial, IT, Production and stakeholders
- Bachelor or master’s degree, preferably in a healthcare discipline, e.g., nursing
- Experience in STM publishing or related publishing experience desirable
- Experience in translating customers’ needs into successful products desirable; this is not limited to publishing and may include teaching roles in higher education
- 2+ years’ experience in product management role, leading cross-functional teams desirable
- Strong project management skills (although no formal PM training is required)
- Previous leadership/management experience
- Team player, skilled communicator and people-oriented consensus-builder
- Strong prioritization, focus and problem-solving skills
- Nimble thinker with strong critical thinking skills
- Exhibits accountability, tenacity and the drive to turn vision into reality
- Comfortable with ambiguity; knows when to ask for support
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of German a plus
- Ability to travel, approx. 20% of time
All applications should be sent as PDF, and include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to the address below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.