Thieme Publishers, Inc. is looking for a Sales Manager, Institutional Sales responsible for direct and indirect sales of our entire e-product portfolio to the institutional markets in North America (West). This is a challenging position that will involve selling our existing product portfolio and overseeing the market launch of new and innovative e-products.
This demanding position requires college level education and a minimum of 5-10 years of sales experience in a comparable position, preferably in library sales.
You are a professional sales person an achiever, and are good at developing and implementing comprehensive sales tactics. In addition to having an entrepreneurial outlook and a responsible attitude, you are capable of working under pressure. You are an outstanding team player and have excellent communication skills. You will be reporting to the Director, Institutional Sales, Americas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell and promote Thieme’s electronic products in Medicine and Chemistry to academic, corporate and other institutions. Sell directly to libraries and consortia , or (potentially) through partnerships with distributors
- Design and execute an effective sales planning for the region with the objective of growing sustainable new business, and secure existing business through active management of the annual renewal process
- Grow revenue both from existing accounts through cross-selling & up-selling and by introducing new products to the targets.
- Build and maintain close relationships with direct customers, key accounts and consortia and identify key opportunities at all levels
- Plan and maintain an efficient travel schedule for customer visits through regional roadshows; participation in key tradeshows and conferences in your region
- Provide regular feedback to product and marketing teams; develop a strong understanding of competitor landscape and position Thieme e-products successfully against these
Skills and Experience
- Seasoned sales track experience, including sales tactics experience in a solution selling environment – a background in the STM business is ideal.
- Experience with presenting and selling electronic (web-based) products.
- Experienced in up- and cross-selling of knowledge-intensive products
- First class communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with CRM and other desktop productivity software in addition to Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Willingness to regularly travel throughout the region
- Stability – a history of intelligent career decisions that resulted in successful tenures.
- Demonstrated capabilities in an aggressive, sales-driven business environment
- This position offers you a wide spectrum of duties which give you the opportunity to work for a leading company in its sector and to further expand the sales of institutional e-products
- You can expect an employer with innovative products, a clear vision for the STM and educational markets, as well as, working in an industry segment which offers high potential for the future
- You will work for a renowned and employee-friendly company, which, with its special corporate culture and open communication, values the individual and is characterized by teamwork
- Your place of work will be New York City, New York, with a minimum of 20% travel.
- You can look forward to a responsible, varied and challenging position. We value ideas as well as a proactive approach.