US/UK/Europe - work from home. This is an exciting opportunity to sell an innovative, brand-new SaaS solution, “Select Crowd Review” to academic publishing houses and learned societies worldwide.
Nominated for the ALPSP 2020 Innovation Awards, Select Crowd Review revolutionizes the journals peer review process by leveraging the power of the crowd.
- Networking – Use your existing network in the publishing community to develop your contacts further and maintain high-level knowledge of academic publishing landscape
- Utilizing data – identify, define and prioritize new opportunities: develop a pipeline of new business leads
- Demand management – Develop understanding of customer need, pains & gains to help solve customer problems
- Strategy – Develop a pricing strategy by testing market’s willingness to pay and identify purchasing process and budget of the buying center
- Sales – Set up client meetings, present and pitch the product and close contracts to achieve targets
- Responsibility – Prioritize, act on inbound leads and prepare forecasting and reporting
- 3-5 years+ of experience in software sales as a quota-carrying salesperson
- Proven record of successful business development/outbound sales for SaaS solutions and a passion for digital solutions
- Established network in academic publishing/learned societies
- Proficiency in need and problem analysis
- Able to work independently and set a self-correcting course
- Good internal communicator that knows how to share market insights and ideas for product improvements with the product team
- Able to guide clients through the funnel including technical customizations (SSO, API etc)
- Readiness to travel (25-30%)
- Ideally additional languages to English
What we offer
- We provide an open working environment
- We value winning ideas and a proactive attitude
- Our Thieme Academy provides individual training opportunities
- You will work in a reputable and employee-friendly family business that encourages open communication
- The job can be home or office based (depending on candidate location)
Thieme is a leading supplier of information and services contributing to the improvement of healthcare and health. Employing more than 1,000 staff, the family-owned company develops products and services in digital and other media for the medical and chemistry sectors. Operating internationally with offices in 11 cities worldwide, the Thieme Group works closely with a strong network of experts and partners. The products and services are based on the high-quality content of Thieme’s 200 journals and 4,400 books. With solutions for professionals, Thieme supports relevant information processes in research, education, and patient care. Medical students, physicians, nurses, allied health specialists, hospitals, health insurance companies and others interested in health and healthcare are at the focus of Thieme’s activities. The mission of the Thieme Group is to provide these markets with precisely the information, services, and products they need in their specific work situation and career.