Thieme Medical Publishers is looking for a Sales Assistant/Associate to complement our Institutional Sales team. You must be detail orientated, organized, highly proficient in Excel, and must be able to work independently and with a minimal supervision, but in close collaboration with other members of the sales team. You must be a proficient communicator and must be comfortable interacting with customers on the phone and in person. Knowledge of the STM/academic library community and its issues is a definite plus.
Your Principal Tasks:
- Prompt handling and invoicing of client orders across multiple back-end systems and the set-up of license agreements
- Maintenance of customer relationships, including email and telephonic interaction, with the goal of building long-term cooperation.
- Error-free data entry into our sales systems. Use Excel to prepare reports, process account performance evaluations, and create usage statistics for sales manages, as well as local and overseas management.
- Support for the Sales Managers in the acquisition of new customers
- Proactive new business development to capture additional market potential. Ability to run own sales and marketing campaigns.
- Provide ideas to improve the organizational processes and operational procedures to increase with this the efficiency of the whole sales department.
- B.A. or equivalent. MLS/MLIS degree or course work are not required, but are a definite plus.
- You are a master communicator in written and oral English. Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- You are confident in handling Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word). Ideally you already worked with CRM systems and you are familiar with producing and compiling sales reports and analyses.
- 3-5 years of experience in publishing. Experience in STM publishing is a definite plus.
- Analytical and structured thinker. Detail-orientation and high organizational skills.
- Previous exposure to consultative selling environments is helpful.
- High initiative. Ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Thieme Publishers, Inc