New York/Stuttgart – This essential guide encompasses the core principles of Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive Therapy for a wide range of pathologies across the age continuum. Key elements from the prior edition are incorporated, such as color-coded sections for anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Advances in the field are reflected in expanded chapters and efficacy meta-analyses, updates on genetics, refinements in manual compression, and new insights on fat disorders and edema.
Key highlights in fourth edition:
- More than 140 new color images, over 30 new tables, and updated ICD-10 codes
- Expanded discussion of lipedema and related conditions such as Dercum's and Madelung's diseases
- Surgical approaches such as vascularized lymph node transfer, anastomosis and bypass techniques, suction assisted protein lipectomy, and combined and staged lymphedema operations
- Wound care options for edema and advanced venous disease
- Integration of conventional therapies and techniques in collaboration with surgeons who perform specialized lymphatic procedures
- Tips and guidance for growing numbers of home care focused practitioners who encounter lymphedema and related edemas in patients
- Management of garments including fit, functionality, and patient independence
- Rare pediatric syndromes and adaption of CDT for children
- Expanded discussion of sequential intermittent pneumatic compression including contraindications and usages in lymphedema management
This is a must-have resource on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of lymphedema and lymphatic insufficiency. Its unique practicality will enable educators to teach techniques and clinicians to adeptly incorporate a wide range of treatment strategies into practice.
Lymphedema Management. The Comprehensive Guide for Practitioners
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
600 pp, 466 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group