New York/Stuttgart – An internationally renowned and beloved author, educator, brain anatomist, and neurosurgeon, Professor Albert Rhoton has a special place in medical history. He was revered by students and colleagues and is regarded as one of the fathers of modern microscopic neurosurgery. A driving principle in his anatomy lab was the simple phrase, "Every Second." This was embraced in his philosophy that every second of every day, a patient's life was improved by a surgeon assisted by the anatomic knowledge his lab helped elucidate and distribute.
Rhoton's Atlas of Head, Neck, and Brain is the visually exquisite crowning achievement of Dr. Rhoton's brilliant career and unwavering dedication to the intertwined pursuits of surgical anatomy and neurosurgery. The atlas reflects the unparalleled contributions Dr. Rhoton made to the contemporary understanding of neurosurgical anatomy. Dr. Peris-Celda, with the collaboration of an impressive cadre of international multidisciplinary experts, worked closely under Dr. Rhoton's tutelage on this project. This book is the culmination of 5 years of work and experience gleaned from more than 40 years of surgical anatomy research and exquisite dissection techniques performed in Dr. Rhoton's laboratory.
- Each anatomic dissection meticulously labeled with English and Latin descriptors for easy cross referencing with other resources.
- Multiple views of the most complex regions of the head, neck, and brain provide a deeper understanding of anatomy.
- More than 600 anatomical images systematically organized in four major sections: Osteology of the Head and Neck; Face and Neck; Ear, Nose, Pharynx, Larynx, and Orbit; and Neuroanatomy and Cranial Base.
- Superb 2D images presented in a large printed format to optimize the viewing experience.
- 3D digital images fully realize the beauty of the dissections and enhance the learning process.
- Specimens injected with colored silicone provide better visualization of arteries and veins.
Breathtakingly stunning, this atlas is certain to be a treasured reference for medical students, residents, and clinicians specializing in neurosurgery, facial plastic surgery, otolaryngology, maxillofacial surgery, and craniofacial surgery for many years to come.
Peris-Celda et al.
Rhoton's Atlas of Head, Neck, and Brain. 2D and 3D Images
Thieme Publishers, New York, Stuttgart. 2017
648 pp, 624 illustrations
eBook – Available from ebookstore.thieme.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes
Thieme Publishing Group is a medical and scientific publishing house employing more than 900 staff and maintaining offices in seven cities, including New York, Delhi, Rio and Stuttgart, Germany. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing. Thieme publishes 150 peer-reviewed journals and more than 450 new books annually. The company has a rapidly growing array of web-based products in medicine and science. State-of-the-art online products include eNeurosurgery, Medlantis, Thieme E-Journals, Thieme Electronic Book Library, the medical student website WinkingSkull.com and Thieme Teaching Assistant, an innovative web-based platform for faculty. For more information about Thieme, please visit www.thieme.com.
Public Relations and Press Office
Thieme Publishing Group