Thieme Publishers New York Returns Policy
Effective January 1st, 2011
- All returns must be accompanied by an invoice and packing slip and must have been purchased directly from Publisher.
- A return will not be accepted without correct accompanying paperwork.
- Trade partners must send written Requests to Return; the returned product has to correspond to the Request.
- Returns for credit must be within 18 months of invoice date.
- A book declared OP (Out of Print) must be returned within 6 months of the date of Publisher Notification.
- A previous edition must be returned within 90 days of the new edition’s publication date.
- Transit-damaged claims – where the damage occurred during the initial shipping from the publisher’s warehouse to theoriginal customer must be claimed within 30 days of invoice date.
- Any book with a damaged scratch-off code, or where digital ancillaries (CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs) have been removed will not be accepted as a credited return.
- Short shipment claims must be accompanied by documentation (packing list, etc.) that validates and supports the claim.
- To receive a credit, returns must be in saleable condition. Damaged or unsaleable books will not be credited.
- Damaged is defined as a book that has been bent, dinged, broken, scratched, dented, or torn.
Thieme Publishers Stuttgart Returns Policy
Effective from 1st January 2017
All consignments by Thieme Publishers are delivered without any automatic returns authorization provision.
All returns are governed by the following rules:
- For all returns, authorization is granted strictly at the discretion of the publisher, except for faulty, damaged or wrongly delivered titles (see below)
- The basic principle for returns in any one year is that these should not exceed 5% of the previous year’s net turnover for any one company
- The publisher does not guarantee to send back any products that are outside these returns rules and reserves the right to destroy these without compensation.
- Transport costs for returns are covered by the sender (except for Item 4)
1) Full credit can be granted only if
- prior permission to return has been requested and authorized
- the request for permission to return states invoice number, date, and reason for return
- returns are in mint condition, without defacing marks, stickers or security devices
- the request for return authorization is made at the latest twelve (12) months from invoice date
- old or out-of-print editions requested within three (3) months after publication of the new edition, purchased within the last 12 months
2) No credit will be granted if products are
- returned without prior authorization
- not returned in a resalable condition as described above
- not accompanied by a delivery note listing invoice numbers and dates
3) No returns can be accepted or authorized
- if made or requested later than twelve (12) months from invoice date
- if made for the previous edition of a newly published work later than 3 months from publication date
- for offline electronic or audiovisual material, including eBooks
- for continuation orders, series orders and reduced-price or special priced books or sets
- for books with a selling price value (gross) of less than Euro 50.
4) No prior permission is required for
- imperfect copies
- wrongly delivered books (publisher’s error)In such cases, please include invoice number, date, and reason for return.
In such cases, please include invoice number, date, and reason for return.