Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products - including marine organisms, fungi as well as micro-organisms - and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers, reviews, minireviews and perspectives from researchers worldwide. The journal publishes 18 issues per year. The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities
- Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized abstracts.
Want to know more about how to best publish in Planta Medica? Click on this link to view a webinar with Editor-in-Chief Veronika Butterweck and Editor Robert Fürst!
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)
Official Organ of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA), www.ga-online.org
IMPACT FACTOR 2014: 2.152
Thieme Award 2015 for the Most Innovative Planta Medica Original Paper now decided!
Starting in 2013, Thieme awards every year the most promising paper published in Planta Medica in the previous year. The decision of the jury - the Editors of the journal - is strictly based on scientific quality and on the interest that the paper has met with in the scientific community. The prize money is EUR 1.500. This year, a paper by Piwowarski et al., "Influence of Gut Microbiota-Derived Ellagitannins' Metabolites Urolithins on Pro-Inflammatory Activities of Human Neutrophils", has won the race. In a moving award ceremony, Jakub P. Piwowarski, PhD of Medical University of Warsaw received the prize during the 2015 GA Congress in Budapest, Hungary. Congratulations! Click here to read the paper for free.
Planta Medica Letters is an open access companion journal to Planta Medica. Click here for more info.
All institutional subscriptions to Planta Medica include online access.
For institutional subscriptions, please contact Institutional Sales for pricing at:
- In US, Canada, South and Central America, please contact email@example.com.
- In Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read our complete Terms of Trade for journal subscription policies.
Journal subscribers will receive a separate invoice and confirmation for your subscription order with taxes broken down separately as applicable and appropriate for your region.
Special rates are available for members of the Society for Medicinal Plant Research. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Indexed In: Current Contents/Life Sciences, Science Citation Index, MEDLINE, EMBASE and SCOPUS