Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of medicinal plants and natural product research with original research papers, reviews, minireviews and perspectives from researchers worldwide. Planta Medica publishes 18 issues per year.
The following areas of medicinal plants and natural products research are covered by the journal:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activity
- Natural Product Chemistry and Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)
- Clinical studies with herbal extracts or preparations are reported
Official Organ of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA), www.ga-online.org
IMPACT FACTOR 2014: 2.152
Thieme Award 2015 for the Most Innovative Planta Medica Original Paper now decided!
Starting in 2013, Thieme awards every year the most promising paper published in Planta Medica in the previous year. The decision of the jury - the Editors of the journal - is strictly based on scientific quality and on the interest that the paper has met with in the scientific community. The prize money is EUR 1.500. This year, a paper by Piwowarski et al., "Influence of Gut Microbiota-Derived Ellagitannins' Metabolites Urolithins on Pro-Inflammatory Activities of Human Neutrophils", has won the race. In a moving award ceremony, Jakub P. Piwowarski, PhD of Medical University of Warsaw received the prize during the 2015 GA Congress in Budapest, Hungary. Congratulations! Click here to read the paper for free.
Planta Medica Letters is an open access companion journal to Planta Medica. Click here for more info.
All institutional subscriptions to Planta Medica include online access.
For institutional subscriptions, please contact Institutional Sales for pricing at:
- In US, Canada, South and Central America, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, please contact email@example.com.
Please read our complete Terms of Trade for journal subscription policies.
Journal subscribers will receive a separate invoice and confirmation for your subscription order with taxes broken down separately as applicable and appropriate for your region.
Special rates are available for members of the Society for Medicinal Plant Research. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Indexed In: Current Contents/Life Sciences, Science Citation Index, MEDLINE, EMBASE and SCOPUS