All institutional subscriptions to Planta Medica include online access.
For institutional subscriptions, please contact Institutional Sales for pricing at:
- In US, Canada, South and Central America, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia, please contact email@example.com.
IMPACT FACTOR 2020: 3.352
Please read our complete Terms of Trade for journal subscription policies.
Journal subscribers will receive a separate invoice and confirmation for your subscription order with taxes broken down separately as applicable and appropriate for your region.
Special rates are available for members of the Society for Medicinal Plant Research. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products - including marine organisms, fungi as well as micro-organisms - and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers and reviews from researchers worldwide. The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities
- Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized abstracts.
Thieme Award 2021 for the Most Innovative Planta Medica Original Paper
Ever since 2013, Thieme awards every year the most promising paper published in Planta Medica in the previous year. The decision of the jury - the Editors of the journal - is strictly based on scientific quality and on the interest that the paper has met with in the scientific community. The prize money is EUR 1.500. This year, a paper by Lorena Carla Vieira et al., “Rosmarinic Acid Intravitreal Implants: A New Therapeutic Approach for Ocular Neovascularization”. Congratulations! Click here to read the paper for free.
Click here to learn more about the Most Innovative Paper of the Year.
Always wanted to publish in Planta Medica? Click below for a video with tips and tricks for a successful submission by Editor-in-Chief Professor Oliver Kayser:
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)
Official Organ of the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research (GA), www.ga-online.org
Learn more about publishing Open Access in Planta Medica:
Abstracting and indexing:
Current Contents/Life Sciences, Science Citation Index, MEDLINE, EMBASE, SCOPUS, EBSCO, ProQuest